Monday, July 21, 2014

Mo Chuisle

During the two hours I was watching Million Dollar Baby, directed by Clint Eastwood, I was deeply emotionally moved. In fact, I was unable to speak as I was cracking up with tears. Hilary Swank's character, Maggie Fitzgerald, is fantastic, and it's someone I feel I can identify with. Here's an attempt at capturing some of that movie's magic. Obviously stylizing! I feel I wasn't brave enough with playing with, and exaggerating, the shapes. Too timid and feeble-hearted. Maybe I rendered too far as well. Hopefully better next time! I did enjoy the subtle lighting of the scene, not a lot of dramatic overstated stuff happening.  I've got a list of movies I wish to tackle in this fashion; The Thing, Heat, Magnolia, Terminator 2, Leon, Barton Fink, The Pink Panther (2), Straw Dogs and Boogie Nights, just to name a few.

Original frame from the movie.


AAAaaaand a Sorolla-study. Damn I love his brushwork. Needed to try out a new brush to more closely match his style.



I've been a fan of popping for many years. Kite, Bionic (man), Salah and Yoshie are some of the ones I enjoy watching the most. Here's a stellar performance, entertainment at the highest level.

No comments: